Sunday 6 July 2008

nothing just nothing.

That is what i am doing for the next 7 days. Well that is not strictly true but it is close to it. I am still in my pjs and it is 11am. I didn't get home til after 1 last night (more on the that shortly) but I got up at 8 still. Basically been sitting at the computer since with short trips to the washing machine and clothesline. It is supposed to be raining most of the week so I thought I should get it all done today. 4 loads down only a few 100 to go!

S is the fine wine manager at work. A guy who just has this knack for cracking me up. Just his take on things in life etc is just funny and I enjoy working with him. Well he is leaving to go to another store. Last night it was drinks at his house. Well I didn't as I had to drive. (I don't have kids and I still couldn't drink!) I drove another girl from work there. Not many people turned up which was sad. (only the three of us actually) But it was a really nice night. S knows so much about Dans etc and he has told me to ring the area manager (who is leaving soon as well) and tell her I want to be thought of for upcoming positions. things are happening at Dan's but K got told that they wouldn't promote in house unless you went to a different store. Now she is prepared to do that but I don't want to. They are further away for me. But there is a new store opening up in Victor Harbour which is about half hour away. 10 minutes more travel for me. That I would do. So yet again time will tell. By Christmas with all the casuals I shouldn't be on register by then. I better not be. Si I will give it time. As S said if I don't want to move stores it is just a time thing at the moment but i need to make it known. Of course the managerial style at Noarlunga isn't the best and it is hard to get anywhere there. I told the manager that I needed time off the registers as I was going mad. But he took it that I was stressed out about it. Feeling the pressure. And that is not true. I am never stressed. I do my job and I do it well. If there is a long line of customers it doesn't stress me. I do my best to get the job done and solve the problem that is all I can do.

Anyway I can't be on registers all the time. My foot is so bad. By the end of the day yesterday I was like a little old lady hobbling around. I was in so much pain and now my other foot is starting to go the same way. I am a lot better today so hopefully this week with rest, stretching and taping my feet up it will be better. I am hoping to get back on the treadmill on Tuesday. If not I will go for a bike ride. I just miss the treadmill. I only just got the bloody thing. I see G on Monday so that will ease me back into it.

I will be wearing shoes at Taekwondo for the warm up from now on. Even just walking on hard floors barefoot is a no no for me from now on let alone running and jumping. I am trying to find my old shoes I used for dance as they will be perfect. Just a matter of finding them.

Oh Patrick and I graded last week as well. Blue belt 2 stripes. Woo hoo. Blue belt 3 stripes next then a red belt. Next colour is black. How cool is that. End of next year will be getting very close to that hopefully.

Well I am going to go back to doing nothing!!!

No comments: