Friday 25 April 2008

A whole lot of nothing going on........

The big news... Simon..Karen's husband won a triton ute off the radio!!! He was in a final with 14 other people and the final thing was to dig around in a kids pool with sand trying to find the keyring with chopsticks! And he won! I was so happy for them. They are truly the most deserving people of this!! They went to a song after the two guys were still digging. I couldn't wait I rang Karen and she was screaming into the phone OMG OMG he won he won. It was amazing!!!

Now Rachel on the other hand. Babysitting was fine and I got my $100 so that was cool. We had arranged for her and Karen to come up to my place last Monday. Well that was the day Simon won the car and amongst other things Karen didn't make it. For this I will kill her. I don't want to be alone with Rachel and her kids again. Ashley was fine. Daniel who is the same age as Patrick was a little shit. He sat at the table with Rachel and I and didn't move. He continually said I want to go home now I want to go home now! He put down all the things Patrick had. Playstation games etc. Said how runescape, Patrick's favourite game on the computer, was stupid and basically below him. It was horrible. I just wanted to smack him out. She didn't seem to concerned about Karen and Simon winning the car. She didn't say much about my house. Only that I guess it is good the kids have their own rooms. So there you go. She has her wonderful boyfriend and that is all that matters.

Work is good. I went to another store the other day to learn the new system that is going in next week. I can't wait. It gives me a bit more responsibility and hopefully I will cotton onto it pretty fast so then that makes me pretty valuable. And then they can see that I am good at my job. Not that they don't think that now but for the future I need to put myself out there.

School holidays here at the moment. Last week I didn't have the kids. Monday I went to bingo with Karen. Won $50 so that was good! Tuesday I met a guy! More on that shortly. Then went out to the movies with the girls from work. Was a really nice night. Wednesday night was the babysitting.

Ok onto the guy. B is the same age as I am and lives not far from me. (near where I used to live) RSVP is where we hooked up. We actually were talking last year but I had just gotten my job and we were talking via msn. And if I remember correctly it was hard work. I found the history of the conversation and he even said he is a people person face to face so found it hard to converse like that. Anywho. He face kept popping up in my searches and after I while I sent him a kiss. So because it is school holidays it was hard for us to meet. I thought stuff it he can take me as I come and I met him briefly after work on that Tuesday. I went straight from work, so still in my work uniform. He is not the usual guy I like to gravitate towards either. He is only 5 9 which is way shorter than I am attracted to. He is as much overweight as I am. He is just your average guy. So I guess I am shopping in my league now. Perhaps that was my problem.

The meeting was good. I stayed longer than I should have, given I had to go home and then go out again to the movies. Because of the holidays it has been hard to catch up again. But today we are meeting down the beach. I will have the kids and this is a huge thing for me. But I want to see him again and see what happens. Otherwise we can see each other again until next Friday. He likes me. I know that because he said it lol. He is very keen, which as you all know scares the crap out of me whilst making me melt into a puddle on the floor. I fall for all the nice stuff. But then I worry well he may get to know me and not like me at all. So I have told him to back off a little. We spoke for a bit on the phone last night and he is just sweet. So we will see how we go.

I am over J. It is funny. He got in contact with me. Twice. Both times after I told him I was not interested anymore!! But I am over him. I have had enough of his bs. It was just the same old stuff over and over. He was making no effort to change things between us and I told him in big capital letters that it was no longer fun communicating with him, I didn't like him anymore and leave me the fuck alone! I haven't heard another word so fingers crossed that is it.

Kids are good. They have their moments. Two are in their rooms as I type but that is just kids.

Violet is growing up. She is starting to play with Brinkley a bit now, which is funny to see. She still spends most of her time at Mum and dad's while I am at work. It is funny when I get there. I get her out of the car and she runs full pelt to their front door and then gets let in and runs straight to their back door. She still has a sister there and of course her mum and aunties!! I don't think I have ever seen a puppy run so fast before. It is very very funny.

Well I think that is me done. Oh I should put this down so i don't forget it in years to come... according to Lachlan we are mammoths! (he meant mammals the poor love!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,

I still log in here everyday to see if you have any news. I miss seeing you in my wwoz box! You sound happy. I hope it all goes well with the new bloke too, and if anything it shows you that you really are a great person worth getting to know! We all know that. Please stop by and say hi to us all :)

Kylie

Raina said...

I agree with Kylie ... you sound a lot happier! I hope everything goes well with "B" - it's nice having someone that thinks you are wonderful! :)

Raina