Monday 22 September 2008

Just things.......

Not much is happening here. I had a fairly crappy weekend. Crappy in that I have no one to talk to. No one called me. There is no one! I watch DVDs. I watched You've got Mail. I thought that after the J saga it may have been spoilt for me but no it is still my favourite movie. I am such a romantic idiot!!

Friday and Saturday were two of the best days at work that I have had in a very long time. Friday we had a new girl start so I spent the majority of the day training her.

Saturday I arrived at work to discover that Ian the boss had got another two girls in so I could go help out on the floor as there was only one floor boy the night before and the place was a mess. So I was seen by Ian to be very very willingly lugging cartons of beer around. It was good. He can see that I have more to offer than just being on register. (lol not that moving beer around requires huge intelligence but it shows that I was willing to take direction from the boys out the back when usually it is the other way around when they have to come out to the front end which is my domain.) He also saw me train up the new girl and manage the front end when we were drastically understaffed. Oh Mark also got me to make all the "unfortunately you were not successful in gaining a position at this time" phone calls! Ian commented on that as well and I said I didn't mind doing it as I didn't know the people so I just did it. (sounds awful but I am sure you all know what I mean.) Having said that I don't think that the other girls were overally happy with me not being on register!! Although I have the majority of the hours we have always "appeared" to be on an equal footing but this one girl who was called in to start at 9, which is what I was supposed to be doing, was really not happy.

But least the boss saw me doing other stuff. He knows I want more. So hopefully this is the start of new things. Lol probably not but we shall see.

Decided to get off my butt and finally do something about my weight. I have put on enough that basically I am going to have to go out and buy new clothes. I can't afford to do that so I need to lose weight! I think this was the reason I got rid of all the clothes that were to big for me back then!! So I was on the treadmill this morning. I did a weights type workout and then back on the treadmill. I did an spreadsheet similar to what I was using at the gym, So I know how many reps etc I am doing. I have eaten to much today but least I did major exercise today. Tomorrow I plan on getting on the treadmill before work and then we have taekwondo.

Talking of taekwondo. Patrick had a comp Saturday. Matt thankfully took him. He apparently didn't talk to anyone. Lol probably to intimidated by all the black belts. Who are the nicest of guys! Anywho Patrick won 2 and tied 1. I wish I had been there. I was so proud of him.

Talking of shit for brains. The kids get their trophy's this friday for soccer. Now because Matt paid for Lachlan's fees and equipment he thinks he should have the trophy. His trophy he calls it. It is Lachlan's trophy for heavens sake. If Lachlan wants it here then that is his call surely? Matt won't allow that though. Says he paid for it so he gets the trophy!! go figure.

No comments: