Monday 13 October 2008

Diets, exercise and weight loss

You know I have been fairly lucky when it has come to weight. Up until I had my kids I never ever worried about my weight. I don't even know how much I weighed.I was also never huge on the exercise then either. Occasionally but not a huge amount. Although having said that I am sure I went to the gym. Geez I can't even remember lol.

After I had Laura I joined weight watchers. The first "diet" I had ever been on.I did really well and I can't remember again what i weighed but I got to the point I was tucking my shirt into my pants. Now that speaks volumes.

After I had Lachlan, actually during my time I was pregnant with Lachlan things changed. I was massive. That continued right up until I left shit for brains. Then I was at my heaviest. Now between now and then I have tried a few diets, namely weight watchers (albeit at home, not attending meetings), tony Ferguson and celebrity slim. None have worked. I didn't have the motivation to do ww. And tony worked but I put it all back on once I started eating again. I also found it very very hard to keep up the diet as I like food and drinking my food just didn't do it for me.

So where am I going with this? Who knows really but..... There is a girl at work. 26, one child who is 16 months. She was certainly not obese and she looked good but she has been on a diet. I am not sure what it is but boy it is strict and I know she has paid money for it. She has been on it for months now and has lost just about all the weight she needs to and boy does she look good. She is also motivating me to loss some weight. However I worry that she will put it all back on again once she starts eating again. She has been amazing on this diet. No slip ups nothing. She has had no junk food of the slightest, no chocolate. Nothing to drink but water. I see her lunch and all it is for example is lettuce, mushroom, cucumber and cheese. And all in a very small portion! I don't know how she has stayed on it but she has and good on her.

For me I know that would not work. I would cave after one day! However, I know that eating reasonably well within calories. (without me really counting) It works. Energy in and energy out. It just makes sense. It is still not easy but geez it has to be easier than what this other girl has done. No having said that I know that this does not work for everyone. But if this does not work would those diets work? I don't have those answers. I guess I just know that this works for me.

This week I have made an effort. I am back on the eating better band wagon. I have cut back the amount I eat for breakfast. This is a massive thing for me. I have generally just cut back on portion sizes and not eating after dinner if I am not hungry. I have also cut down on how much food I take to work. I used to worry about getting hungry but now I know how much I can take and not get hungry if that makes sense. I haven't exercised a huge amount because of my foot. I also had some chocolate. (a flake and it was yum) And a few other "bad" things. I lost a kilo this week. Why is something so easy so hard???? This kilo has motivated me to be even more careful with listening to my body and actually acting on what I hearing rather than what my mind tells me. Lol I know what I mean.

Who knows what this waffle is about. But I know G will be pleased to know that he has taught me things. It is a just as simple as energy in and energy out for me. Cutting back (back not out) on crap and not eating unless I am hungry and stopping when I am no longer hungry.

Fingers crossed this time I will make it. I mean I don't have a huge amount to lose so surely when I know it works for me I can do it.


No comments: