Sunday 3 May 2009

A good weekend

So what started out as looking like a pretty crappy, sad, lonely weekend has turned into a great one.

One thing I have learnt though is to not allow much thinking time. Like lying in bed Saturday morning. But there you go lesson learnt.


Saturday night I went out with Kate from work. We went to the good life organic pizza place for dinner first. Where we shared a bottle of wine and I was on my way to tipsy!! We then trundled to the Dublin, where we met a couple of people. We asked to share their table and we just got on well from there. They were intent on finding me a man. Gosh it was funny. Erin this girl we met took me around the room unabashedly pointing out guys. Going up to guys etc. It was just funny. We left there after a couple of cocktails and went to a backpackers hostel where they knew the owner and thought it would be a good hook up for me lol. The guy was nice and it was good chatting. But then I chatted to lots of people. It was just a good night.

It was also a night to help boost my confidence. Although I did not have guys running to me, the couple we did meet were very complimentary. The guy we initially met with Erin thought Kate and I were about 27! Good for me not that good for Kate lol. Later he came up to me and said You have three kids? I said yes. He so kindly informed me that he couldn't believe it. So nice to hear stuff like that and not from someone who was hoping to get something from me. It just wasn't that sort of night. Which is probably the best thing for me!!

I stayed the night at Kate's but she had to work so I was home this morning by 9.30am. At about 10 I get a call from D saying that he was wanting to know if I wanted to go to McLaren Vale and visit wineries!! We had the best day. We started at McLaren Vale and somehow ended up in the hills. We were out all day and it was wonderful. We went to Kuipo forest and went for a walk. This is where we were supposed to go camping. (just as well though the weekend we were supposed to go it pissed down with rain) It looks fantastic. I didn't bring it up but when he comes back i will ask if he will do the camping thing with the kids and myself there. If I haven't found someone else by then lol

I just kept it really light. I didn't ask any of the questions that I wanted to about this other woman he has been seeing. I figure that he goes on Sunday and I just wanted a nice wonderful day that we would both remember. And that it was. He made mention a couple of times of us just being friends blah blah. And I basically said that to him. Yeah yeah D. I get that lol. However he also made a few off hand comments about when he comes back.

I made it clear that I am out and about and looking elsewhere. Which is true. I am just going about my life. Not putting it on hold while he is gone. I think I will go out with Kate again. It was so nice to go out and feel good. I will miss D though. I will miss days like today!! I am catching up with him during the week. either he is coming here or I will pop around after work to say goodbye. I would like him to come here and I first he was a bit hesitant but then just before he went he indicated he would perhaps after all come around. He will probably change his mind though. But that is fine. I will still see him again before he goes.

Well that is me done. I am going to bed. I am full of chocolate as we went to Melba's chocolate factory. Bad move whilst trying to lose weight but oh well lol.

No comments: