Monday 7 January 2008

Smells like.......

Went to the new house today to check out what the cleaner was doing. Dad has mainly dealt with him so it was nice to meet him. Nice guy. He was telling me they found the source of the smell. It was the washing machine that was left behind with clothes and full of water! It had been there for a long time by the look of it he said. Yuk.

The house is coming up lovely. Everything has been disinfected and it is looking good. When I went back later to get the key so I could get it cut he showed me how good the roller shutters had come up. It just looks clean as opposed to what it looked like last time. He is finished tomorrow he said and the guy will clean the carpet at 10.00. I will go to the floor covering place tomorrow and pick out lino for the bedrooms. Then pick up some stuff from Home Hardware and we start the prep work for painting. Hopefully I can get a bomb under dad. Mum said he is feeling a bit shitty about things and not wanting to do stuff. I think he is probably just worn out but I need him to hang in there a bit longer.

On the Matt the shit side of things well i have an appointment with my lawyer on the 21st. I didn't get to speak to him and I am still freaking out a bit but not much I can do about it. Who knows which way it will go. I do tend to think the worst but it scares me. I did find out that it is only a duty hearing. So they may decide that it needs to go to mediation first. Or they may decide they need to go into it more. Or hey they may decide to send the kids back to Reynella.

It is not like I am just sending the kids to a new school. They went to transition, so they met their teacher and their class mates. They go into vacation care a couple of times as well so hopefully will meet a couple of kids from their classrooms. I just hope that in the week that they are at school before court they have a good time and start to make friends. It will be interesting though. They go to school and then off to Matt's on the Friday and then are still in his care on the Monday of court. What is he going to do? Not pick them up from Aldinga? Not take them to Aldinga on the Monday. He claims he has had Reynella saved their spots there. But who knows. I can't ring them yet to find out.


No comments: