Saturday 22 November 2008

Amazing how busy having a life can be.

Things with D are good. Great actually. We have been spending a fair bit of time together and he has told me that he is falling for me so that is nice to hear. He came over yesterday afternoon for a very quick visit with his two year old son. I thought that was lovely of him. He didn't have to drive all the way out here for me to meet his son but it meant a lot to me. It was nice.

Work has been flat out. The cash clerk was supposed to be going away from the 1/12 until the 15/12. The normal fill in for her has got a promotion and is leaving the store. So all last week I was in the cash office learning it all. Then we found out that the dates that she is going away have been changed. (she is going to WA to help set up a new store) to a week later. Which means she is away for two weeks leading up to Christmas, our busiest time. The manager made the call of her to still go. Even though with me in the cash room it leaves no experienced front end controller out the front and an inexperienced cash clerk. Me. So the pressure is on me now to make sure I can do this. Or AM is going to come back to a complete mess and she is not looking forward to that.

It will be good doing this job. hours are 8-4 Monday to Friday. So I get the weekend off. I also get a higher rate of pay doing that job. And it gives me something different to do. Having said that though I could live without the pressure and I would like in a way to be doing my front end controller job during our busy time. Still i will be doing that from the 22/1 though.

Everything else is just chugging along. The girl from work, Keri, who is leaving, is having good bye drinks tomorrow night. I will have the kids but D is coming with me. I am a bit happy about that. He was all prepared to get all dressed up. Lol so sweet of him but I told him he didn't have to. I am working this Monday and having Tuesday off. No kids Monday night, so D is planning something for us to do. I am excited about that as well.

Ok best to stop rambling now and get the kids to bed now their movie has finished.

No comments: