Sunday 2 November 2008

Date night....

Yes you read right. Date night. I had a date last night. Only about the 3rd date in 2.5 years.

First though I had yesterday off. So nice. A taekwondo seminar to go to. I mowed the lawn again to try and pick up all the grass seeds, watched a movie. Just basically took the day off. It was nice to know I still had two more days off work.

So the date. D contacted me on the net about 3nights ago I guess. And the conversation just flowed. Not since talking to J have I had such a nice comfortable conversation with a guy. So like they all do he wanted to meet this weekend. I said no. He was cool with that. When I was talking to one of the girls at work, she told me just do it. So for the first time ever I met a guy that quick. (well apart from G, whom I met pretty damn quick as well)

He originally said for coffee. So we met up at the place which turns out he had booked a table for dinner. Poor guy I was not hungry at all has I had had a late lunch. So we sat for ages out the front just talking. Finally we went in and had something to eat. I was really nervous but he was just so nice. So very very funny and we had a lot of that verbal sparring going on.

After dinner we went for a walk down to the end of the jetty. Just talking, finding out lots of things about each other. Me just talking and talking away. Lol. I did warn him! After that we went and sat or laid as the case maybe on the grass near the lifesaving club. More talking. And comfortable silences. So after saying no to both him coming back to my house or me going to his house. We went for a drive. We went to the Moana beach, where we drove onto the beach and watched a thunder storm come in. (the night was beautiful albeit a bit cold, it is raining now lol and thunder which is why I am awake after only 3 hours sleep). So we stayed there for a hours. talking, listening to music, cuddling, kissing. It was all really really nice.

He was very very respectful of the fact that I said I was not having sex. He knew that from the get go. I hadn't shaved so I knew I would not be tempted. Very funny as I told him that and he said right lets go get a razor! But he was a gentleman. Pushed things as far as he thought he should lol. He also kept saying how lovely my face was. Just saying nice things about me.

The other few dates I have been on it has been like I see them again because I don't' know if I want to see them again. This time I want to see him again. He said he would be in contact with me and I really hope he will. I would see him again today if I could.

I have been thinking about it and it is so much like my first date with G. I got in a car with G the first time I met him. But I knew it was ok. Don't ask me how but I just did. I have never done that before until now. I just knew it would be ok. And just being comfortable around him. It is nice.

So of course having said all that I go back to worrying. What if's. I guess I will just have to wait and see. G hung around. Nearly 4 years later we are still friends in a weird don't see each other much way. So hopefully D will just be that bit more than G.


No comments: