Sunday 23 December 2007

Refusual of service

Just a little story.

One of the guys came up to me at work saying how old do you think that guy is. I said under 18. I said we should check ID? Yep. This guy was with his mum and was walking around with johnny black in his hand.

When they came to the register I told Jenna to check ID. The woman went off. First of all saying that it was for her and not her son. She was paying for it. I explained secondary purchase to her and she claimed they were picking it out for son's dad. On and on it went with her saying you can't prove it. I told her no and that was the point we are regulated by the Government if we have reason to believe it is being purchased for minors. She wanted to see a manager. Mark came over and we went through it all again. She the whole time stating she would go to the media. MMMM ok go for it lady. In the end she left with a barrage of abuse and a claim she would take it further.

Which she did. Brett (store manager) called me into the office to quiz me. Had Jenna asked for ID etc etc. I found out later he had called Jenna in to ask the same questions.

Of course to top it all off while that shit was hitting the fan a guy walked out without paying for stuff. Which goes to show that all the register chicks weren't concentrating on what was happening.

OH and remember the chick who is pregnant that I don't like. Well she is getting on every one's nerves. She is pregnant and can't lift a thing etc etc blah blah blah. This is her third child and I get she would be tired. But if you feel like that don't work. Also you can't tell me that she is not lifting her kids at home. She goes on and on about how she must have a break as she starts to get dizzy etc but then goes and eats a packet of chips and ltr of coke for lunch every day she is there. She is just not healthy. I have yet to see her eat anything the resembles a "healthy food". She is also very overweight and I have seen her struggle for breathe. Ok I don't have a problem with her being overweight. What I have a problem with is the fact that she harps on about how she must have this and that because she is pregnant but doesn't look after herself outside of work. It is a bit hypocritical to my thinking. But there you go.

No comments: