Friday 14 September 2007

The final outcome (I said outcome not countdown)

Nothing! A big fat nothing to be done. My lawyer said there is not enough for anything to be done. He has seen it to many times and it would be a losing battle. He said to put it in Patrick's hands and get him to tell teachers etc when stuff happens.

Lawyer said that it is to easy for it to be said that I just put words in his mouth, so I have given Patrick the child abuse report line. It will have more weight coming from him anyway.

I also found out today that child protection are inviting Matt to come in and discuss his behavior!! It is only and invitation and Matt does not have to do it! Big help that will be.

Oh and I spoke to J today. God it was good. We are so good together. But also know that nothing has changed. He knows about M. He isn't happy about it but not prepared to do anything about it. It was good to talk and I let out a lot of stuff about what is happening with Matt and had a good cry. Everyone else has had the "oh yeah it is awful but I will just deal with it as I can. We will just hang in there!" With J I don't have to do that and it was nice to be able to talk to him and get it out.

Must say M has been good though. Although I don't have that relationship with him yet, he knows what is going on and has been quite supportive.

No comments: