Wednesday 26 September 2007

The good, the bad and the just plain annoying

Omg what a week. Monday started off with the RTT. The woman in the house spun a big sob story and the RTT fell for it. Under the Act they can extend the lease for 90 days if the tenant can show hardship. So she has until 11.59pm 23/12/07. The was my worst case so not to surprised. Pays to read the act that is for sure. Least I had the heads up on it. Her 19 is apparently pregnant. As we came out she went off at us saying it will be our fault if she miscarries! Sure love what ever you say. The drugs you take will have nothing to do with it.

So then after the RTT it was off for the pscyh test with police recruiting. That was fairly easy. 2 tests. One just consisting of 20 questions along the lines of I often think of ways to kill myself, I never drink drive, I use illegal drugs. False, somewhat true, true, etc etc.The next one was full of questions aimed at deciding if you are a loner, work well with others blah blah. If I was looking at mine I would say I was practical, follow the rules and very moral, love being around people and don't bottle up my emotions!! Lets hope that is clearly seen in the test.

Then Tuesday I got to do a house inspection. Now this house i have inspected before. The couple have 6 kids. Their house is trashed. I not saying that is because they have 6 kids. (that would mean to me that it would be easier to keep clean as the 17 year olds etc could help) So we went back yesterday to check they had cleaned up. There are other issues here but long story. Because of their house etc we are terminating their membership within the co-op as well. Anywho.... they wouldn't let us in and there was a big to do in the drive way. She had her dad there who totally went off at me. IT was on for young and old. Proud to say that I was just calm and tried to sort it out. But like the woman in my house they refuse to see certain facts and nothing you say will make them change their view point.

To make matters worse it turns out that the process that was done to terminate their membership was not done correctly. Great just great so guess who now has to tidy it all up and fix it?? yep me. Oh well it is all good stuff to use in the police interview if I get that far.

Later that day I got a call from police recruiting. I am to come in next week for a interview with the psych. Apparently this is normal for people who get asked to do the psych test first. I guess it all related to the Matt crap and the violence. Time will tell I guess. It is next week.

Tonight we had grading for taekwondo. Oh boy was I nervous this time and I don't even know why. No different from the other two gradings. The guy grading me was very impressed so that was good. Next step blue belt. I really want to get that this term as after that I will probably have to slow down a bit if I get into the police. So get while the going is good basically. Laura and Patrick both passed as well. Mum and dad came and poor Lachlan fell asleep. Mind you it was the quietest he has ever been there!!!

Ahhh lets see what the rest of the week holds.

No comments: