Tuesday 23 October 2007

fit but not so fabulous

Well I have just come back from seeing G. Mixed feelings about how it all went. Abs sucked big time. Only got to level one. (lying on back hands on thighs and reach up to put wrists on knees. Next level is elbows to knees. LOL that was a joke) strength was above average (push ups on toes: I did 26 before I died) Flexibility was excellent. 6 Min bike test was excellent (sit on a bike. Started at level 7 each minute it goes up a level and check heart rate each level. My heart rate got to 127 on level 9 I think) I also did the beep test but that sucked. 4.8. My resting heart rate is 60 which he said was great. (why he had to sound so surprised I don't know!)

He also took all my measurements. I have been so grumpy this morning and I was nearly in tears when he did this this morning. I wasn't going to do the pinch test but I did. Surprisingly it was better him doing it. He wasn't as invasive perhaps. Didn't take as many measurements. The worst was just above my hip bone. So after all that it wasn't' so bad. Lol I have a 3 cm different between my thigh measurements. (this is the measurement done with a tape measure) Weird. I don't know what my measurements were. I didn't want to know. I know my fat percentage is 37.5, which is bad, bad because at the start of the year I was close to 35. He wrote down all the exercise I usually do in a week and said well that is fine so it just must be your eating. Yeah well I knew that!!

Anyway I am still seeing him once a week but once a month we will do the tests again. I have to fill out a food diary for the month and exercise diary. (these are the ones I made up for him, so nothing flash.) So I am determined to do this. Few reasons. One being that I need to. I also realise that I am on a good thing. I am getting this all for free. (well apart from computer work occasionally) and also G is my friend and I really care what he thinks for me to not make a change and do this right will make me think he is disapproving of me. He would never think that. But it does really matter to me how he sees me etc. Be that right or wrong that is the way I feel and if it means I move my butt then so be it.

No comments: