Saturday 24 November 2007

Another day ........

Was able to watch Patrick play cricket today which was good. (boring but good) He is getting better that is for sure.

While we were at the school I went and voted. I hate voting. I really really do. They are all as bad as one another and you have to pick the best of a bad lot. It pisses me off no end that I don't want labour or liberal to get in but that never happens. I don't know that much about politics so I go by what I know I guess. I voted Family First. I am not particularly keen on labour getting in but it is bound to happen. How easily people forget is all I can say. (should point out I will not be getting into any political debates with anyone in the comments section should you feel the need to express your differing opinion to mine. No problem with that at all. Everyone is entitled. That is why we vote! :)) Anyway I remember mum and dad struggling with so much when labour was in. Interest rates were like 21%!!! That is just unreal. Like someone said today she didn't know any better back then as she didn't have a mortgage, it didn't effect her. Basically for me, I am ok. Yes I could be better but I could be worse. I think we are going along ok and honestly don't think a change in government is going to make me better off. I am happy to wait and see now though. But this is here now and I can look back in years to come and say "shit I was so wrong" or "Yep I was right!" lol time will tell.

Knocked off work an hour early again today. There just isn't that much to do towards the end of the day this week. I am back tomorrow. Was supposed to be 2-6 but they said to come in at 12. That way I can still get my 4 hours. Again people standing around doing stuff all. There were a whole heap of girls just doing crap jobs because they felt that taking boxes of wine off a pallet and putting it onto shelves was to hard for them. It was funny though as a couple of senior people got them working again, carting boxes around. These are 18 year old girls I am talking about here. They couldn't even last 1 hour lifting the boxes and putting them away!! They are going to have a rude shock when the store opens and they have to work for 4 hours continuously!!

Have to say that 2 years ago I wouldn't have been up for doing this. I have been doing this whole boxes thing for hours at a time. It is hard work and I get a sweat up doing it. It has made me glad that I have gotten myself this fit and strong. Honestly I would be fitter and stronger then some of the 18 year old boys there!! Secretly I am proud of that. It does make me feel good.

However this whole work thing is wreaking havoc with my eating. Example: today I started at 12 to finish at 7. So breakfast no worries. Only getting a half hour break today. I don't want to get hungry to quick and don't want to have my break to early so as I am to hungry before I finish. So I have lunch at 11.30. (fruit salad and yoghurt. Yes I am eating fruit. The yoghurt helps lol) Then have my break at 4.00. (tuna salad and some cashews) This I basically would class as dinner. Perhaps when I finish work I could have a yoghurt if I was really hungry. But of course I finish work early, go to mum and dad's and have dinner there!!

I guess when the store opens things will settle down. I will also not be doing so much manual labour and be burning so many calories. But it is frustrating and something I am struggling with.

Ok well this little black duck is saying stuff cleaning up anything tonight I am going to bed now!!!

No comments: