Wednesday 7 November 2007

Geez Louise

Yesterday I went to a Melbourne Cup Lunch. Now because I have been good in terms of no chocolate and the like I gave myself permission to eat without guilt yesterday. (and G's permission) It was lovely. Strawberries dipped in chocolate. (so fruit as well as chocolate. Does one cancel out the other?) Pav etc. Yum. So why is it so hard to get back into it today? Two sandwiches for lunch and a bag of the new Helga's mini baguettes. (they were on special so I had to try them. Yum Yum Yum so will never buy again) So I have to really pull my head in and get it together.

Have to go back to my mantra "If I eat it I have to write it down and G will kill me." I tell you that is such a big motivating factor in me not eating junk!!

Had the interview for Dan Murphy's this morning. Very quick. I do have to wonder at the sense of some people. In answer to this question " what do you do if you can't complete a task?" they said not sure!!!! OMG. You can't do that. I said well I would speak to my supervisor and ask if they need me to stay back to complete it or can I finish it tomorrow or find some sort of solution. Like another question. "what happens if you see a hazard?" well geez. I don't know leave it there and spy on people falling over. Well that would be funny but I don't think that answer would get me the job. Are people really that thick???

Anywho I find out Friday. They have quite a few positions available and he mentioned about a senior position perhaps. That would be good. Even if it didn't happen straight away it would still be good. Hell I just want a job.

One thing I found out though. Ok minors buying booze is a no no. But if a parent or other adult is in the shop with a minor and is buying for that minor you can't serve them. Even if the adult is doing the transaction. Makes sense but it would be a hard call sometimes. On the spot fines of $5000 to person serving them and $20000 to the store!! Learn something new every day.

Humbling experience yesterday. Went to Families SA (office of families and communities or who ever they are) because things are so bad here. My home phone is only getting inbound calls. (so now I am over my cap on my mobile. Just a bloody big circle.) They paid the last of my electricity bill and some of my home phone bill. It is good and helped but I feel so yuk about it. I can't wait to have a pay. It will still be hard as I am sure the money won't be fantastic but even so I can't be worse off.

No comments: