Thursday 8 November 2007

Hi Ho Hi Ho

So yes got the job at Dan Murphy's. Starting as a casual but full time hours. Which is fine by me as it means more money. Working the front end. Sounds like working the tills a fair bit. But that is ok.

So it is great I now have a full time time. So why am I getting teary all the time about it? I think mainly because of the kids. I am hardly going to see them and when I do I am going to be grumpy and tired. Who knows also how much better off I am going to be as well. I sit and think I will get this when I start working, I will do this etc. But chances are it is still going to be really really tough. It is also going to take a while to get on top of everything as well.

Still I now have a job. I knew it wouldn't take long. I will finally meet people. Finally get out of my own little world where I don't see or spend time with anyone. Hopefully I will make some friends out of it. But even if I don't it will just be nice to be able to work with people. Hard to explain but there it is.

So induction is on the 17th November. The store opens on the 3rd December. There is time spent in store during the in between time as well. It is going to be hard before the school holidays but once the school holidays hit and after when the kids go to the new school it will be easier. Mum and dad will be closer. But until then it is going to be a lot of running around for everyone I think. I may start at 8 for example so the kids will have to go to OSCH but then I don't finish until 5 or 6. So mum and dad will have to pick them up and take them to swimming or cricket practice etc. Which is all down at Reynella. Pain in the bum.

All in all it is quite daunting. It has been so long since I have done this. I am scared about how I am going to cope.

No comments: