Saturday 17 November 2007

OMG full on

I have had a couple of hectic days. Yesterday I drove out to St Peter's (over an hour away) to do the Responsible Service of Alcohol course. That was ok. Met a few people that will be working at the store with me.

Then drove up to mum and dad's place to go to the loo then around to a co-op house to do an inspection. Now this is the inspection from the trash people. And the house was awful. They have left a fridge in the lounge room, rubbish in the laundry, masses of crap outside and the whole place was just gross. So there is going to be a lot of work to do and I will have to organise it all given I am maintenance officer. Then after that back to mum and dad's for a maintenance meeting, then as soon as that was over we had a METS (membership, education, tenancy and secretary) meeting. I got home at about 10!

Then this morning I was at Marion by 8.50 for induction training. That was boring but good. Got a roster for this week. I am doing training at another store Monday, Tuesday off, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I am at the new store. But only have to wear casual clothes do to the fact that the store is not ready yet and we will be just unloading trucks and sorting out that.

Now the interesting thing is that the roster was separated into about 5 groups. They were only separated by a line. Now from what I can gather that the group I am in is front end staff. One other group is floor staff. My guess is that there are 2 groups of front end and floor and then 2 groups of store staff and who knows what the other group is as it was only small. Ok so on the roster on Wednesday one person from each group of people are going to the new store. It is the first time any of us will be at that store. We are all there for exactly the same amount of time. (I am one of those people) where as the next day heaps of us are there and at different times (as you would expect to cover lunches etc) So why do you think that is? Are we the team leaders for those groups? I am dieing to know. It could be nothing I guess but I am really really curious to know! I hope it is what I am guessing about. That would be great.

So far I am the oldest female. (I haven't met everyone yet though) Also one of the few older people there! The majority are 17-21 year olds. Then a handful my age. There was one girl there who was talking loudly to some others saying..." Oh I think I am going to be trained up as a supervisor. I was supervising in my last job. I was getting an extra $56 each week above what I normal got...." She was only young but I wanted to smack her out.

I just want to start. So really I will get all the goss on Wednesday. Monday won't be wonderful as it is another store but there will be 2 other girls from my store there with me as well as some guys who I assume will be out on the floor.

I am excited but nervous. I know nothing about booze. But then I am just behind a cash register so I can just pass customers over to the floor staff.

Will keep you updated.

No comments: