Sunday 15 July 2007

men who needs them???? Me!!!!!

Ok it does suck on occasions being female. Now I have never been one to really worry about it but sometimes like today it really sucks.

So yes we bleed once a month which then costs us a fortune to deal with that. Not to mention the hormones associated with our monthly version of hell, which is a time when men tend to steer clear of us as they she us a raving loonies. (well who wouldn't when you have to deal with that). Lets not forget pap smears or breast checks. Child birth of course is up there. Having to constantly worry about what we put in our mouths and the countless other things that are all things female. Ok I live with them and generally I am ok with them.

But what about opening jars????? Usually again I cope fairly well I don't think there is one yet I haven't been able to open destine to spend its eternal life sitting at the back of my pantry because when a man does come over I don't usually remember to bring it out or indeed need it open at the precise time.

What I am struggling with this morning is starting the whipper snipper. I have just spent the last 10 minutes out there alternating my yells at the bloody thing that won't start and at the dog who is locked up as he has a tendency to attack the snipper, who is barking and trying to break free. Needless to say I can't get the thing started. I have to wait for a male to come around and help me. Luckily dad is calling around later and I will get him to get it started. The last time I had trouble it was with the lawn mower. Dad got it started for me but then I still couldn't get it started. Turns out that the cord that you pull is actually really long and my arms aren't long enough so I have to stand on something to give me that bit more of an advantage! I mean come on!! Cut me some slack here. (in more ways than one!) Of course the other deal with the whipper snipper is that it is huge. I am using the stunningly attractive harness that goes with it but it is still to big, heavy and awkward for me to use with ease. I end up with part of it resting on my hip and I hobble around the yard looking like a complete fool.

It ticks me off that i struggle with all these things. I manage everything else. And regardless of my moaning and bitching about wanting a guy in my life I don't want to move in with anyone and I don't want to have to rely on them for stuff like this. Geez I have even killed a couple of spiders now!!! (death by foam!) But how nice my day would be if I could just get out in my back yard, start the whipper snipper, whip around in half and hour before the rain comes and then enjoy the rest of my day!! Yes it is the simple things.

just to note though. All in all today is better than yesterday and really I am only slightly peeved at the whipper snipper. If it is meant to be with J he will call me. If not I am better off without him. (yes you have all been telling me this for ages. Shaking your heads at your screens while you read my rantings. But try it from my side and you will see it ain't all that easy and I need to tell myself that a million times before I will get over the idiot loser who doesn't know what he is missing :))

No comments: